Sunday, January 11, 2009

1/11/09 Visit

For the first time since firing up this blog, I visited the Mall to see what's not really going on there.

Despite the ghost shops and general dankness that fill the empty box, I can usually rely on my former fanboy persona for motivation to visit, at very least, Toy Vault. Comics, toys, and baseball cards. Who doesn't need a little nostalgia from time to time?

Apparently, no one.

The storefront was closed, likely due to the 3-6 inches that fell in Rhode Island the previous 24 hours. Yeah, I know that's not a heck of a whole lot of the white stuff, but apparently, it was just too much to open up shop today. Damn.

As a consolation, I snapped a couple of pics on my Blackberry, which I hope to post here soon. One particular pic features a bright neon sign outside of the aforementioned Toy Vault that reads:

THE DMV IS DOWNSTAIRS.
WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE MALL.

'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment